What areas of Employment Law do JWK Solicitors cover?
The JWK Solicitors employment law team offers friendly, professional employment law advice and guidance to individuals including:-
- Reviewing Contracts of Employment
- Settlement Agreements (formerly known as Compromise Agreements)
- Disciplinary and Grievance Procedures
- Wrongful and Unfair Dismissal
- Non-payment of wages
- Discrimination and Harassment
- Employment Tribunal claims
- Employment Appeal Tribunal claims
- Overlap of Injury and Employment Law issues
- TUPE Regulations
- Working Time Regulations
- Maternity and Paternity Leave
How long do I have to take action against my employer?
In most cases, employees only have three months from the date of dismissal to begin an Employment Tribunal claim so it is important that you get in touch with your solicitor quickly.
What can I claim for?
In almost all cases, you will be able to claim for your past loss of earnings from the date of termination of your employment until the date of the Tribunal hearing or until you get a new job, whichever is the sooner.
In cases where you have been unable to secure a new job, you may be able to claim for future loss of earnings for a reasonable period.
In certain types of cases, such as discrimination, you can also claim for injured feelings.
Why should I choose JWK Solicitors?
Our aim is to provide you with a high quality legal service delivered by our highly experienced and friendly team. We will:
- Make sure your case is handled by the same person throughout
- Help prevent disputes from arising and try to find ways to resolve problems at an early stage
- Give honest advice about your position
- Give you full support throughout the case
How much does your service cost?
The cost of your case will depend on the complexities involved and your individual circumstances, but we do offer all our clients a broad range of funding options including:
- Legal Expenses Insurance and Family Legal Protection policies
- 'No Win - No Fee' agreements
- Hourly rates
- Fixed fees for standard work including Settlement Agreements, general advice and reviewing Contracts of Employment
Check the dedicated Funding section of our website for more information.
JWK can help you. Get in touch today
- Family Law
- Personal Injury
- Private Client
- Moving Home
- Dispute Resolution
Craig obtained an LLB Honours degree at Leicester and moved to Chester Law School to complete his solicitors final examination. He joined Jobling & Knape in September 1987 as... Read more
James joined JWK in March 2016 and began working as a Commercial Conveyancing Administrator up until November 2016 when he took on the role of Paralegal in our Employment... Read more
Hannah attended Lancaster Girls’ Grammar School, later moving on to Nottingham Law School from where she graduated with first class honours. While completing her LPC, Hannah... Read more
Carl Moran qualified with an LLB (Hons) with French in 1993 and specialises in Employment Law. He has previously been a partner in Nexus Solicitors and JMW Solicitors... Read more
Fiona was brought up in Newcastle-under-Lyme, but moved to Lancaster in 2011 to study for her BSc. in Psychology at Lancaster University. Shortly after graduating she started... Read more
The Mental Capacity (Amendment) Bill will replace the current system known as ‘Deprivation of...