Criminal Injuries Compensation

What do I do if I have been the victim of a violent crime?

The Criminal Injuries Compensation Authority is a government body responsible for compensating the innocent victims of violent crime. If you have been injured as a result of a violent crime, you may be entitled to an award of compensation.

If you have been injured as a result of a violent crime in England, Wales or Scotland within the last 2 years, JWK Solicitors may be able to help you achieve an award for compensation.


What information do I need to be able to make a claim to the CICA?

If you think you have a case for making an application for compensation to the CICA, then contact JWK Solicitors for an initial assessment.

In order for us to be able to advise whether you are eligible to make an application, we need the following information:

  • The details of the violent crime in which the injury was sustained (eg, date, time, witnesses)
  • The details of the police station at which the crime was reported and the investigating police officer
  • Details of any medical treatment you have received or are due to receive as a result of injuries sustained in the violent incident
  • Details of your own criminal record, if applicable 

JWK can help you. Get in touch today

Do you have a question or would you simply like some more information? You can contact JWK Solicitors on 01524 598300 between 9am to 5pm every weekday or use our enquiry form.